1. If by email, we will reply to your enquiry within 24 hours to advise you whether we have the rooms available and ask for a deposit equal 40% of the total booking . If you are not using the on-line booking system payment in full, can be made by cash, debit or credit card on arrival. We require your card details to guarantee your reservation and to take a deposit .
2. We will not reserve the rooms for you until you confirm the rooms and dates you want to book, and how you would like to pay your deposit.
3. When we have received your deposit we will send you full confirmation of your booking with directions to find us and any useful additional information in terms of events during the period of your stay.
4. Our normal check in time is 4pm to 7pm. If you expect to arrive later, please let us know in advance. Check out time is 10.30am. You are welcome to leave your car/belongings at the guest house if you would like to stay in the area longer. This must be by prior approval
5. When we have confirmed your reservation you have a firm booking which both parties have a legal obligation to fulfil.
6. If booking on line and you have to cancel after this, we would be entitled to claim the full amount payable for all the nights booked, because we could lose a substantial amount of our income as a result of late cancellations.
7. However, in practice, we make every effort to relet the rooms, and do refund deposits less the cost of card transactions, if we manage to re-let all the nights. We have refunded most deposits when we have received more than a few days notice of cancellation.
8. Some guests may consider taking out insurance themselves, to cover any liability which may arise in the event of a cancellation.
We would like to advise you that the Waters Edge Guest House is a non smoking property and guests who smoke will be asked to smoke in the smoking area to the rear of the property.
River Avon Flood Alert
As Orchard House is located at the River Front , there may be very limited occasions when the River Avon is at Flood Alert. This affects other hotels in the vicinity and any properties with river frontage.
We reserve the right to cancel the accommodation with 24-48 hours notice. We can and do provide alternatives to the same high standard and will do our utmost to fulfil this obligation. If this is impossible due to unprecedented flooding in the town ( Stratford Upon Avon is located on the River Avon ) then a full refund will be provided or the opportunity to rebook at a later date.